This week on Monday Meals, Chicken Enchiladas!
These enchiladas are one of my all time favorite meals! They create an explosion of flavor with each bite! I am proud to say this recipe was created by my husband. I hope you and yours can get as much enjoyment out of it as we do!
- 2 Cans of low fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 Cups of Pace picante salsa
- 3 tsp Chili powder
- 4 Chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 Cup of cheese
- 6 Flour tortillas
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Small onion
- 3 Stalks green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the soup, sour cream, salsa and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Cook the chopped chicken until cooked all the way through.
- Chop the tomato and the onions and separate half of the tomato and half of the onion for the filling. Set the other half of the tomato and the other half of the onion and all of the green onion aside for later.
- Shred the cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix 3 cups of the sauce mixture, the tomato and onion for the filling and half of the cheese with the chicken.
- Spoon a good portion of the chicken mixture into each tortilla.
- Fold each tortilla to avoid seepage.
- Place the filled, rolled tortillas seam down in a large casserole dish and pour the remaining sauce over it all.
- Spread the sauce evenly across the enchiladas.
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove the foil, top with the remaining cheese and continue baking for another 10 minutes. Once bubbling and the cheese is melted let cool for 5 minutes before topping with tomato and onions.
You will not regret the prep time this meal takes. The amount of flavor packed in these things is unbelievable! For my family of two this meal makes left overs for days!