We are at a place in our society that if there is ever a lag or pause in conversation most people immediately jump on their phone and start entertaining themselves. This happens in marriages and families, social functions or out with friends. Instead of letting the conversation die so we can feed our Facebook obsessions, let’s actually put some effort into getting to know the people around us.
Some might try to claim “We have known each other so long there is nothing new to talk about”. This is complete BS and let me tell you why.
Continue reading “Keep Conversation Alive”
I am surrounded by creative minded loved ones and then there is me… I am analytical minded (hence the career choice of accounting) but have always longed to have creative talents. I’ve always been too insecure about trying creative activities to actually put myself out there. BUT NO MORE!! I’ve realized that it doesn’t matter if anyone else thinks what I do is good or not. The only thing that matters is that I have fun doing it and am proud of what I accomplish!
When I made the commitment to not let my fear of failure hold me back from my dream of creativity I sat down and made a list of what creative activities I wanted to try and how I wanted to express my new found goal. My list ended up as follows:
- Writing – 1. Create a Blog. 2. Write a novel.
- Photography – Take artistic photo’s each month and share them.
- DIY Crafts – Create home decorations/furnishings rather than buy.
- Cooking – Create delicious meals without using a recipe.
Great! I had a list of my goals!… Now what…
Continue reading “Top 10 Tips to Becoming Creative”
Happy New Year!!!
2015 is going to be an exciting and significant year, I can just feel it! We have so many things to look forward to in my family this coming year!
- The ever present possibility/hope of getting pregnant (3rd New Year wishing for that dream)!
- My husband, Denver graduates from the Art Institute in the spring!
- For mentioned graduation will hopefully lead to a more enjoyable and full time job for the love of my life!
- Denver may be heading to Texas to visit his cousin Mike (click here to see my earlier post about Mike)!
- My (favorite, shhh) cousin will be getting married in October!
Just to name a few!
Lets Talk Goals! When it comes to New Year Resolutions there are three types of people.
- People who make resolutions but never stick with it
- People who refuse to make resolutions at all
- The rare people who make resolutions and actually stick with it all year
Without getting into the psychology of fear of failure vs fear of success, I will just say most New Year’s I am type #1. I love planning out all of my goals for the next year but by February I usually forget all about my resolutions and go back to my old ways… This year, I am going to try very hard to become type #3 and stick with my resolutions for once! A few of these may be a little cliché but they are important to me… so there? I have never been the kind to refuse to make resolutions, I feel it’s vital to a happy life to constantly try to improve yourself. It doesn’t matter when you start the process of bettering yourself but my thought is, why not start on the first day of the year?
So, without further ado… My Resolutions Are… Drum Roll Please…
- Exercise 3 days a week!
- I am currently 15 pounds heavier than I would like to be. I don’t like the way I look. I don’t like the way I feel. I don’t like that I’m sore and winded from walking up one flight of stairs… I just have to come to terms with the fact that I’m not 18 anymore. I can no longer be in excellent shape with no effort what so ever. *Sigh* I already miss those days… But enough is enough! It is time to take control of my health and regular exercise is step #1! Come back next week to see my detailed exercise plan!
- Eat 3 servings of fruit and 3 servings of veggies every day!
- I already eat pretty healthy, thanks to my husband. My husband has a chronic health condition that makes it necessary for him to eat very healthy. Since I don’t make separate meals for each of us I end up eating healthy because he requires it. Unfortunately even with the healthy meals I’m preparing I typically get one serving of fruit with breakfast, sometimes one serving of veggies with lunch and one serving of veggies with dinner. That just isn’t enough! Come back the week of January 16th for my detailed plan!
- I have an anxiety condition. Over the years I have worked very hard and have gotten better at managing my anxiety over the little day to day stuff. While I don’t get over whelmed or panic about the little stuff as much anymore, which allowed me to stop taking a daily anxiety medication, I struggle every day with my stress level and I carry medication for panic attack situations. In our struggles to get pregnant we have been frustrated by the test results giving no indication of any problems. My doctor (and everyone else I know) has advised me that stress can play a huge part in infertility and knowing myself it wouldn’t surprise me if that is what is standing in the way of our dream coming true. Come back the week of January 23rd for my detailed relaxation plan
- I’m an accountant without an ounce of natural creativity in her body. Married to an ARTIST who lives, breaths and sleeps creativity! I have always been jealous of creative types and have longed for the gift of creativity for as long as I can remember. While discussing my desire for creativity with my husband he became inspired to help me accomplish my impossible goal (I would just like to note that he got a little too excited about the idea… I’m a little afraid…). Come back the week of January 30th for my (husbands?) detailed creativity plan!
What are your New Year resolutions?